24.6.11

Snail Mail

So this past week I was able to spend some time with my mom's side of the family. My uncle is back from Afgan (don't know how to spell the rest:) and my cousin just graduated high school. I don't get to see my other aunt and uncle that much either so when family comes to town it's a good chance to see everyone. I was lucky enough to have 5 days off before my new job started so I didn't need to take any time off. I really enjoyed the time with them. I look back at my teens and childhood and have to shake my head. I did not appreciate the time I had with them (then again who does at that age?) I am just glad I came to this realization now and not when it was too late...anyway! I decided to let my Grandma know how I felt about this past week so I thought I would share the letter I am sending her in the mail on a very pretty card I must add...I've decided not to put it in the book b/c this is just a preview of the OTHER letter I'm planning on writing her, plus everyone loves getting mail; so why wait until her birthday to say these things??

Dear Grandma,

I just wanted to let you know that I really enjoyed spending time with you and Grandpa this past week. It was wonderful to look at the old pictures with you and learn more about our family. I really enjoyed seeing you and Grandpa around my age (sometimes it is hard  to image you both at that age so the pictures helped!) I wish God gave people the knowledge of how important family truly is at a much younger age, but I guess I should be thankful it hit me now at least. I know others who are old and 'wiser' who still do not realize what they are missing out on...

Thank you for being such a wonderful grandma, I look back on my life and see your influence and have to smile. I am very lucky to be able to call you mine. I love you both so much and am so blessed to be able to call you family.

Love,
Emily


Seriously people, love your family. I don't care how much they drive you nuts or how crazy you may think they are..b/c when they're gone you are going to miss it.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so very much for being such a wonderful person! Grandma will absolutely love hearing from you. (And she really really needs to hear some positive things right now, as I know you know!!) So thank you, you bring so much joy to my life and to others!

    ReplyDelete