27.7.11

Ducktales, I mean tape.

This is 'story' I wrote during high school about an experience I had with ducktape. Don't try it at home, trust me.

I have used duck tape in a very unique way. I am sure there are other women out there that have done this before, too, but I am probably one of the few that would ever admit it. To put it bluntly, I taped my bra to my skin so it wouldn't fall off. Before you think I'm a nut case, hear me out.

It was for a Christmas dance two years ago; the dress I bought would only look nice with a strapless bra. Now if you're a woman you know that strapless bras are a pain in the butt. And I wasn't about to spend my evening pulling it up every five minutes. I don't know how I got the idea but I thought I would try.

The evening came around and my mom had to help with the duct take. Actually all she had to do was walk around me in a circle until I felt like it would hold up.  Before my date and I were about to leave we had to do the traditional 'picture in front of the tree,' and as we were doing that my mom noticed that my dress came to a point right in the middle of my dress! We went upstairs to see what was the problem and what had happened was the tpe had bunched up and had come to a point. We ended up having to take it off (which by the way is a very painful process) and reapply new.

To make a long story short, I had a wonderful time at the dance. To quote the MasterCard commercials 'Drress: $150 Dinner:$40 Tickets: $20 Coming to the realization that you have duck tape wrapped around you to hold up your bra: Priceless'

And to the women out there that are actually thinking about doing this, I wouldn't if I were you. My skin was sticky for a whole week becauseof the tape. And to everyone else who thinks I'm crazy, maybe you're right, but there's a first for everything, right?

And if you were wondering, yes I am a blonde.

No comments:

Post a Comment