11.4.11

Book Ideas

I thought about a book I want to write today. I even came up with the character's names and ages. I think the fact that this happened to my family first hand has to play into the fact as to why I want to write about it. I want to write a book about a family that deals with the fact that their mother is diagnosed with Alzimer's(sp? I should probably find out how to spell first, huh?)  Disease. I already know this is going to be a sad book but at the same time I think many people can relate to this topic. I will be reseraching it and hopefully talking to more families besides my own about the experiences they had dealing with this horrble disease.

I also started writing about my first job out of college; although this one is a little big more funny and possibly to vent my frustrations about the people I worked with. I like having more than one project because this way if I get writer's block on one book then I can hop over to a different one...but I can image this getting confusing at the same time, we'll just haveto see what works for me I guess. I found a writer's workshop in town that meets once a week for 6 weeks and it starts on Apr 21. I'm pretty excited about it because I feel this is a big step in becoming a better and possibly published author!

One that note I need to email the man in charge of the workshop to make sure there is room for me:)

No comments:

Post a Comment