23.4.11

'You say tomato I say tomato'

Well it has come to my attention that I am a horrible speller, even with spellcheck, I know it drives some of my fans (oook maybe my only fan) crazy but honestly, when I write I just go after it and sometimes my fingers are flying so fast across the keyboard that I don't even realize all of the spelling and grammar mistakes that I'm making. With that being said I guess it's a good thing books get EDITED before they are published! :) Since my book is still a work in progress, my blog is left to be the subject of my typo's and for now my editor is my mom. Congrats mom on the new position, don't worry you're not the only one that has seemingly asked to be a part of this dream of mine. Stephen has informed me that he will be my 'manager' when I informed him writers don't have 'managers' they have publistest he continued to talk about his role as manager so I let it go. It was kind of like the time when my cousin was a toddler and we handed him a video game controller that wasn't hooked up but he still thought he was in control.

Now that I have my crew in tact I guess the only thing now that I need to do is write my book! And since we all know about the infamous murder at Target I have started to concintrate my creativity to my book about my fitness job. I am excited to work on it tonight and would like to say I already have Chapter One finished (of course this is my very first draft so I'm sure it will look almost nothing like it does when it's sitting on the selves of Target (to be exact the same spot 'Still Alice' was but once my book comes out her's will be in the clearence bin, ahh sweet revenge!)

I have to say though, this whole writing this is a lot harder that one would think. I mean I have all these ideas but there are just some days when I sit down to write and nothing comes out; what does is word vomit on a screen that I end up erasing usually. My urges come to me at the most inconvent times, like 3am or when I'm driving, at work bored out of my mind. 2 am, walking the dog...oh well, I know every career has ups and downs but I was really hoping to be a little further along before so many downs came my way (I figured this would happen at the publishing stage)

I wanted to add that some of the short stories that I will be posting are not all based upon my life. Of course most of them might be influenced by something that has happened or is happening in my life but I just want to put that out there so I don't get any worried calls or concerns. I also don't want people to get the wrong idea about some of the things that I write about. Anyway, I feel it's time to get back to the grindstone and see if I have any creative juices left for some of Chapter 2.

Thanks for reading! (all 2 of you out there??:)


P.S. I left all of my spelling errors in this entry just to prove a point, fyi:)

No comments:

Post a Comment